SOLO is the ORIGINAL Sign of Good Times.
Our devoted fans post over 400,000 photos with our valued products per year and have engaged with us online over 4 million times. Exciting plans are unfolding in 2018 to reward fans for their loyalty and further inspire a new movement of spontaneous gatherings.
For press inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SOLO brand, now part of Dart Container, has proven to be a timeless, iconic, global symbol of food, fun and friendships.
How does SOLO inspire so many smiles?
The following accolades might provide some clues:
“The History of the Solo Cup, From the South Side to Star Wars”
—Chicago Magazine, May 2018
“A Modern Engineering Marvel – the Red SOLO Cup”
–Washington Post, Jan 2017
“A Brief History of the SOLO Cup – Everyone’s Favorite Party Staple”
–Vice, Jun 2016
“Top 100 American Icons of all time” (SOLO Cup, right next to Betty White!)
–People Magazine, Jun 2016
“The Red SOLO Cup: Every Party’s Most Popular Guest”
–NPR, Sep 2011
"Humble Masterpieces", a design exhibition, honored SOLO Cup’s Traveler Lid
–Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City, 2004
A SOLO Cup History
- 1936: Leo Hulseman founded the SOLO Cup Company
- 1970: Hulseman family was the first SOLO Cup focus group
- 1976: the iconic plastic SOLO Cup was patented
- 1980–2000: SOLO Cup brand expanded to consumer and foodservice supply
- 2012: SOLO Cup Company purchased by Dart Container Corporation greatly expanding the product line
- Today and Future: Dart Container Corporation began construction of a new Innovation Center at headquarters in Mason, Michigan to continue to innovate and evolve, ensuring that the SOLO brand remains a go-to connector for food, fun, friendships and more.